I’m a co-founder and partner at enso, where we help companies design futures that are positive for the world.
Originally from southern England, I’m now enjoying more light in southern California, with the wonderful @KerryKB.
I’ve lived in the logic world (economics, law, corporate finance, business strategy) and the cultural world (literature, history, travel, photography, street art). That fused into being a strategist, focused on creating new initiatives that add value to the world. I’m a Gates Foundation Goalkeeper and a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.
I’m an optimist, and my greatest joy is exploring new possibilities for a better way, whether that’s a new kind of business, a new way of being, or a new shared mission. I’m optimistic about you.
Some waypoints on the journey are below.
- A future where every day is a new chance to lift each other up, with Lyft
- A future where everyone can find Outer Peace, with Arc’teryx
- A future where everyone’s happy at work, with Indeed
- A future where local people own their neighborhood, with Nico, the Neighborhood Investment Company
- A future built by principled innovation, with Uber
- A future with healthy, equitable food, with Everytable
- A future where girls transcend the dream gap, with Mattel
- A future for the climate, with 160 pioneers from science, philanthropy, business and culture
- A future where everyone has super fast internet, with Google Fiber
- A future for Bahamian ecologies and cultures, with Atlantis
- A future without polio, with The Gates Foundation and FC Barcelona
- A future with refreshed communities; The Pepsi Refresh Project
- A future where anyone can learn anything, with Khan Academy
- A future with vibrant American small businesses, with Starbucks
- A future with magical mobile experiences, with Disney Japan
- A future where the world’s most popular sport lifts every community, with Common Goal
- A future where companies are measured by meaning, not just profit: The World Value Index
- A future populated by beautiful street art: Unurth.com
- Fast Company: A sense of belonging is what drives well-being—and it’s disappearing
- Fast Company: Design the future
- Medium: My cancer curriculum
- Fast Company: Our definition of ‘success’ is holding business back—it’s time for a new one
- Fast Company: The impossible for capitalism is suddenly possible
- Fast Company: We need to solve the wisdom deficit in business
- Fast Company: Does your company live up to why it exists?
- Fast Company: It’s time to awaken the humanity in business
- Fast Company: A new kind of capitalism needs a new generation of inspired—and inspiring—leaders
- Fast Company: The rise of employee activism
- Fast Company: The business challenge of our time is creating meaningful work
- Fast Company: Which brands inspire consumers the most with their missions
Fast Company: The Best Brands Are The Ones That Build “Belonging”
Fast Company: As Millennials Demand More Meaning, Older Brands Are Not Aging Well
Medium: From Mission to Shared Mission
- Fast Company: How Motivating Is Your Company's Purpose?
- Fast Company: The Brands That Do The Most And Least Good For The World—Ranked By Consumers
Fast Company: Nike Spends Billions On Marketing, But Millennials Still Like TOMS More
Fast Company: How Is The World Better If Your Brand Succeeds?
- Fast Company: How Brands Can Harness People To Achieve Real Impact
- New York Times: Good/Corps Helps Business Meet Social Goals
Portrait by Dave Zaboski, Laetro
I like most places I go, and try to soak up
the beauty, magic, life.
I grew up around photography, so that
became my practice of wandering curiosity.
Finding Life in Light