I’m a co-founder and partner at enso, where we help companies design the future.
Originally from southern England, I’m now enjoying more light in southern California, with the wonderful @KerryKB.
I’ve lived in the logic world (economics, law, corporate finance, business strategy) and the cultural world (literature, history, travel, photography, street art). That fused into being a strategist, focused on creating new initiatives that add value to the world. I’m a Gates Foundation Goalkeeper and a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.
I’m an optimist. My greatest joy is exploring life and new possibilities, whether that’s a new kind of business, a new way of being, or a new shared mission. I’m optimistic about you.
Some waypoints on the journey are below.
- A future where every day is a new chance to lift each other up, with Lyft
- A future where everyone can find Outer Peace, with Arc’teryx
- A future where everyone’s happy at work, with Indeed
- A future where local people own their neighborhood, with Nico, the Neighborhood Investment Company
- A future built by principled innovation, with Uber
- A future with healthy, equitable food, with Everytable
- A future where girls transcend the dream gap, with Mattel
- A future for the climate, with 160 pioneers from science, philanthropy, business and culture
- A future where everyone has super fast internet, with Google Fiber
- A future for Bahamian ecologies and cultures, with Atlantis
- A future without polio, with The Gates Foundation and FC Barcelona
- A future with refreshed communities; The Pepsi Refresh Project
- A future where anyone can learn anything, with Khan Academy
- A future with vibrant American small businesses, with Starbucks
- A future with magical mobile experiences, with Disney Japan
- A future where the world’s most popular sport lifts every community, with Common Goal
- A future where companies are measured by meaning, not just profit: The World Value Index
- A future populated by beautiful street art: Unurth.com
- Medium: Life is even more beautiful from here
- Fast Company: A sense of belonging is what drives well-being—and it’s disappearing
- Fast Company: Design the future
- Medium: My cancer curriculum
- Fast Company: Our definition of ‘success’ is holding business back—it’s time for a new one
- Fast Company: The impossible for capitalism is suddenly possible
- Fast Company: We need to solve the wisdom deficit in business
- Fast Company: Does your company live up to why it exists?
- Fast Company: It’s time to awaken the humanity in business
- Fast Company: A new kind of capitalism needs a new generation of inspired—and inspiring—leaders
- Fast Company: The rise of employee activism
- Fast Company: The business challenge of our time is creating meaningful work
- Fast Company: Which brands inspire consumers the most with their missions
- Fast Company: The Best Brands Are The Ones That Build “Belonging”
- Fast Company: As Millennials Demand More Meaning, Older Brands Are Not Aging Well
- Medium: From Mission to Shared Mission
- Fast Company: How Motivating Is Your Company's Purpose?
- Fast Company: The Brands That Do The Most And Least Good For The World—Ranked By Consumers
- Fast Company: Nike Spends Billions On Marketing, But Millennials Still Like TOMS More
- Fast Company: How Is The World Better If Your Brand Succeeds?
- Fast Company: How Brands Can Harness People To Achieve Real Impact
- New York Times: Good/Corps Helps Business Meet Social Goals